Posts Tagged ‘California wine’
The Central Coast prides itself on being off the beaten path, even though this is becoming less and less the case as the area gains notoriety and vineyards continue to sprout up like wildflowers. One can easily find wines of equal caliber to their…
According to the California Wine Institute, 14 million people visit the California Wine Region a year!
Some additional California wine facts:
- There are 107 American Viticultural Areas (AVAs) in California (of the 188 AVAs in the US)
- There are over 60,000 registered California wine labels
- 90% of US wine exports are from California
- 42% of this exported wine is shipped to the European Union
- In 2010, the U.S. surpassed France as the world’s largest wine-consuming nation. Total consumption increased by 2% from the previous year, to nearly 330 cases of wine!