Posts Tagged ‘wine exports’
According to the California Wine Institute, 14 million people visit the California Wine Region a year!
Some additional California wine facts:
- There are 107 American Viticultural Areas (AVAs) in California (of the 188 AVAs in the US)
- There are over 60,000 registered California wine labels
- 90% of US wine exports are from California
- 42% of this exported wine is shipped to the European Union
- In 2010, the U.S. surpassed France as the world’s largest wine-consuming nation. Total consumption increased by 2% from the previous year, to nearly 330 cases of wine!